Baseball InfoAnnandale participates in the Crow River Youth Baseball League.
League games are typically played on Tuesdays and Thursdays. The season typically runs from May thru July.
A single game of 6 or 7 innings (determined by age level) or 2-hour time limit are played with 6:30pm start time. No new inning may begin after 8:30pm.
Crow River Youth Baseball League is affiliated with the Minnesota Sports Federation (MSF). MSF AA State Tournament Qualifying League tournaments are held on weekends during the season.
Players are not allowed to register in Annandale Traveling League unless they are full time students or live within the Annandale School District without the approval of the Annandale BB/SB Association.
Divisions are organized by level and age:
- The most competitive level teams are designated as AA or A teams. ATL strives to have AA/A level competitive teams fielded at ages 10, 11, 12, 13, and 14.
- The more recreational, less competitive teams are designated as B teams. These teams are fielded in ages 10 & under, 12 & under and 14 & under. These teams may play any state qualifying tournaments for which they may qualify.
- Players 15 & older are participating on Mickey Mantle, VFW or Legion teams.
- All players (all ages) are to register through the Annandale BB/SB Association website.
Age Determination Rules Players age on April 30 of the current year participation.For example, a player who was born on April 25, 2009 would be 10 years old for the 2019 season. A player who was born on May 5, 2009 would be 9 years old for the 2019 season even though he/she is 10 by the time the season begins.
- Player must have played previously in Community Education Recreational Baseball or have played a year in ATL B-level baseball.
- This is primarily a 10 year old player program for advanced skills play.
- Higher expectations are required of players at this level baseball.
- Higher level of competition and more advanced skills (pitching, hitting, throwing) required.
- More practice time is expected and weekend tournaments could be possible.
Ages & Leagues
- 9 - 10 year olds play Willie Mays (WM) - (*exceptions to this rule are based on the coaches responsibility to fill the team roster)
- 11 - 12 year olds play Pee Wee Reese (PWR)
- 13 - 14 year olds play Sandy Koufax (SK)
- 15 - 16 year olds may play Mickey Mantle (MM) or join the Legion group
- 17 - 18 year olds play American Legion baseball
Team Selection Criteria
- Coaches will review all previous year's coach's player evaluations in catching, throwing, fielding skills, hitting, prior experience and coach-ability. All comments/recommendations are considered.
- The number of teams in each age division is determined by the number of players registered, and where players would gain the best playing experience. The goal at all levels of competition is to keep teams at 11-12 players with a maximum of 14.
- Players are allowed to play up in age division if their skills allow advanced placement, but cannot play in a division lower than their age allows. (See age determination rules above)