Softball InfoAnnandale participates in the Crow River Fastpitch League.
League games are played on Mondays and Wednesdays in June and July.
10U plays a single game of 7 innings or 2-hour time limit and games start at 6:30pm.
12U and above play double-headers of 5 innings with a 75-minute time limit per game. These start at 6pm.
Players are not allowed to register in Annandale Traveling League unless they are full time students or live within the Annandale School District without the approval of the Annandale BB/SB Association.
Divisions are organized by tier and age (even years-only). For example the league runs the following divisions:
- 10U - girls age 10 and under all in a single tier playing by special rules
- 12U - girls age 12 and under playing in Tier I (most competitive) or Tier II (more recreational)
- 14U - girls age 14 and under playing in Tier I (most competitive) or Tier II (more recreational)
- 16U - girls age 16 and under playing in a single tier and typically combined with 18U
- 18U - girls age 18 and under playing in a single tier and typically combined with 16U
All rules & regulations pertaining to each age level can be reviewed atwww.crowriverfastpitch.com.
Age Determination Rules
- Age level division of player is determined by age on December 31 of the previous year of league participation. For example, a girl who was born on December 5, 2011 would be 9 years old for the 2020 season. A girl who was born on January 5, 2008 would be would be 11 years old for the 2020 season even though she is 12 by the time the season starts.
- Girls can always play up in age divisions if their skills allow advanced placement. For example, a girl who is 10 by league rules could still play 12U because she is under 12 years old.
- Girls can play in a lower age division but are not allowed to play in tournaments or any post-season games. They will be identified as an overage player on team rosters. (CRF League rule)
- All girls will be placed in their qualifying age brackets unless the parent/guardian requests player participation in an older age bracket. This must be checked on the registration form.
- No tiering is done in 10U Softball. The intention is to make those teams as even as possible.
- Special rules exist (base stealing and advancing on overthrows) to help girls get introduced to the game of fastpitch softball.
- Focus on fun and learning for a year or two before moving on to 12U and the tiering process.
- More details on special rules for 10U can be found on the Crow River Fastpitch website.
- Higher level of competition and more advanced skills (pitching, hitting, throwing) are required.
- More practice time and weekend tournaments can be expected which will require more commitment of time and money.
- Player should have played previously in summer Traveling League and be participating in AMS/AHS softball.
- Often times, more players are placed in Tier II (especially at 12U) because of the higher expectations in Tier I.
- In most cases, fewer weekend tournaments are entered by Tier II teams.
- Tier II teams will only play other Tier II teams.
* All rules and regulations for Tier I/Tier II Fastpitch can be reviewed at Crow River Fastpitch.
Annandale Traveling League's goal is to provide a rewarding and meaningful experience for softball players at all age levels. Annandale is part of the Crow River Fastpitch League which is affiliated with Minnesota ASA. Within the CRF League there are two levels of fastpitch softball: Tier I, the competitive level; and Tier II, the recreational level. The age divisions are 10U - 18U. The 10U division is not tiered as it is designed to be more instructional, with the teams evenly divided by age and ability. Most often 12U-14U levels are divided into Tier I and Tier II teams. The 16U-18U are all in Tier I, as these are the high school level teams. Often the 16U and 18U are combined as one team, depending upon the number of registered players and CRF teams.
- Players signing up for Tier I will prepay an additional fee of $100 for several additional weekend tournaments. These are played during the regular season. Coaches will distribute the tournament information at the player/parents initial team meeting.
- Player commitment to participate in these tournaments is most important in Tier I fast pitch. Teams often will lose their tournament fees if they are unable to participate in these tournaments after they are registered.
- A player who registers for Tier I but is placed on a Tier II team, will have their additional $100 refunded after teams are created.
A summary of ATL Tier I softball guidelines/expectations is shown below.
- Tier I teams are intended to be competitive teams and more competitive as players reach older levels. In order to ensure summer softball is a rewarding experience for girls and to match players who desire to have a local competitive option with others who desire the same, ATL has established some guidelines for participation on a competitive team.
- Prior to agreeing to coach, and prior to signing up for consideration for a Tier I (Competitive) team, coaches and parents must understand the expectations to coach and participate on a Tier I team.
- Annandale Baseball/Softball Association has set the following guidelines for our competitive softball teams. If the player, coach and family are unable or unwilling to commit to the guidelines below, they should register to play on a Tier II (Recreational team). Contact ATL Directors for any additional information.
|12U Tier I||14U Tier I||16U-18U Tier I|
|League Games||Monday and Wednesday - Crow River League||Monday and Wednesday - Crow River League||Monday and Wednesday - Crow River League|
|Tournaments||2-4 B-C level tournaments including possibly 1 out of town tournament and/or National Qualifier||3-5 B-C level tournaments including possibly 1 out of town tournament and/or National Qualifier||3-5 B-C level tournaments including possibly 1 out of town tournament and/or National Qualifier|
|Post-Season (in addition to tournaments above)||State Qualifier, State Tournament and National Tournament if the team qualifies.||State Qualifier, State Tournament and National Tournament if the team qualifies.||State Qualifier, State Tournament and National Tournament if the team qualifies.|
|Additional Fee||$100 per player collected by BB/SB to cover tournament expenses||$100 per player collected by BB/SB to cover tournament expenses||$100 per player collected by BB/SB to cover tournament expenses|
|Playing Time-League||Players will get equal playing time during league games. (ATL Rule)||Players will get equal playing time during league games. (ATL Rule)||Players will get equal playing time during league games. (ATL Rule)|
|Playing Time-Tournaments||Players will get equal playing time, however positioning in INF/OF may not be equal.||Playing time will be determined by guidelines established by Minnesota Softball.||Playing time will be determined by guidelines established by Minnesota Softball.|
|Team Selection Criteria||